Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Batik

English: /ˈbætɪk/ or /bəˈtiːk/) is a wax-resist dyeing technique used on textile. Due to modern advances in the textile industry the term has also been used for fabrics which incorporates the traditional batik patterns although not necessarily produced using the batik techniques. Silk batik is especially popular.

Javanese traditional batik, especially from Yogyakarta, has special meanings which is rooted to the Javanese idea of the universe. Traditional colours include indigo, dark brown, and white which represents the three major Hindu Gods (Brahmā, Viṣṇu,and Śiva), and certain patterns can only be worn by royals. Other regions of Indonesia have their own unique patterns which normally take themes from everyday lives, incorporating patterns such as flowers, animals or people. Batik or fabrics with the traditional batik patterns similar to the Indonesian batik are also found in several countries such as West Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Uganda and Mali, the Caribbean, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Saint Lucia, and in Asia, such as India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Iran, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Burma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Fasten your seatbelt please..thank you,Here we Goo...Hi Guys..!!How are u?i hope always well AMeN..a little about me guys...i was born in bukittinggi,at 23 nov:D,ever since my baby is always there, until I complete the general secondary school and and now I reside in the city of Bandung,in order to complete the course,I love music, either play it or hear it,I was a drummer, and until now have existed in the case at this beat,I do not know why really like playing drums, it may be because I can be myself when i'm playing the drum set..and maybe because i'm a shy guy..xixixixii..,I think this talent I got from my father, he used be a bass player in his band..my mom said that to me..haha..but of course this talent that I have i've received from the infinite power,ok folks..thats all..I think that its,if too long, you are also lazy to read it..:D,enjoyed my Blog!!